Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tomorrow on Kitchen Chat: Agent Jenny Bent


Don't miss this week's Kitchen Chat guest, Jenny Bent. Jenny has some fascinating insight into the publishing JBindustry as well as some great stories of her own. So pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee, and join us for a chat!
About Jenny: In a career spanning 15 years, I have made a practice of making bestsellers - either by spotting new talent or developing careers for multi-published authors. My list is varied and includes commercial fiction and nonfiction, literary fiction and memoir. All the books I represent speak to the heart in some way: they are linked by genuine emotion, inspiration and great writing and story-telling.

I was born in New York City but grew up in Harrisonburg Virginia in a house full of books where I spent many lazy afternoons reading in a sunny window seat. I went on to England to get a BA/MA with first class honors from Cambridge University. After graduation I worked in magazines, bookselling and agenting, most recently at Trident Media Group, before founding THE BENT AGENCY in 2009. I now live in Brooklyn in an apartment full of books and while there are not quite so many lazy reading afternoons, I manage to fit one in now and then.
One of Jenny's clients, Beth Patillo was on the show a few weeks ago. Check out her podcast here!

I'm so thrilled to have Beth on the show this week! I was fortunate to attend the launch party for her latest novel, Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart in New York this week! It was fabulous! Wow - Beth is lovely and a talented writer!

Have a question for Jenny? Leave it here on the segment post or call in 1-877-864-4869!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails